Distribution & LogisticsPROBLEM:
• Shipping company needed real-time information from 30+ remote sites.
• Deployed ThinManager at each remote site.
• Set up a “war room” with 30 thin clients.
• Connected each thin client to a remote site via WAN.
• Single operator able to t view activity of all remote sites.
A global company with distribution centers around the world was having trouble getting real-time information from the sites to the headquarters.
The company standardized on ThinManager and deployed ThinManager and terminal servers at each site, setting up a “war room” at the headquarters with a thin client for each remote location. These thin clients boot locally and then connect to a remote terminal server via the corporate WAN.