Every Friday, we dedicate this space to sharing solutions for some of the most frequently asked questions posed to our ThinManager Technical Support team. This weekly feature will help educate ThinManager Platform users and provide them with answers to questions they may have about licenses, installation, integration, deployment, upgrades, maintenance, and daily operation. Great technical support is an essential part of the ThinManager Platform, and we are constantly striving to make your environment as productive and efficient as possible.
How compatible is ThinManager with Virtual Workstations. Can I use the WinTMC or iTMC features in a virtualized environment?
Presently Virtual Workstations are only supported on traditional thin client terminals. If you want a Terminal Server to be specifically configured as a Virtual Machine you have to use a thin client. You can specify the terminal server as a real, physical terminal server and it will work from either app.
It is not possible to change the location of the selector. Instead try setting up tiling.
- Assign multiple Display Clients to a single Terminal
- Proceed through the Terminal Configuration Wizard until you get to the Terminal Interface Options Page and select: Enable Tiling
- Go into Tiling Options and Check “Tile on right click (mouse or touchscreen)”
- Go to the Modules Page for the terminal in question
- Go into the properties for your Touchscreen Module
- Change the “Right Click Hold Time (milliseconds)” Parameter from DISABLED to a numerical value listed in the Value dropdown.
- Save your changes and reboot the Terminal.
I have ThinManager 5 running in my facility and we are preparing to upgrade to the newest release version. Do you have any notes or manuals on the best method to upgrade without encountering any problems?
First, take a look at the upgrade procedure for Mirrored/Redundant Systems: http://www.thinmanager.com/kb/index.php/Upgrade_Procedure:_Mirrored/Redundant_Systems then download 6.0 SP4 from http://downloads.thinmanager.com/
The upgrade document has all the tips and tricks that you will need, but most importantly backup your configuration before upgrading.
To view our “Tips & Gems” video tutorials, visit our video links page here.
To review cost savings of using the ThinManager Platform, visit our ROI Calculator here.
To read about successful ThinManager Platform deployments, visit here.
To see when the next ThinManager 2-Day Training Session is being offered, visit here.